Scientist/Senior Scientist, Proteomics
Discovery Small Molecule
South San Francisco, CA
Loxo Oncology at Lilly conducts discovery research, clinical development and regulatory affairs for oncology, with the goal of creating a pipeline of therapies that have the potential to make a meaningful difference for patients. Loxo Oncology at Lilly was created in December 2019, combining the Lilly Research Laboratories oncology organization and Loxo Oncology, which was acquired by Lilly in early 2019. The unit has team members in Boulder, CO, Indianapolis, IN, New York City, NY, South San Francisco, CA, San Diego, CA, Stamford, CT, and Madrid, Spain.
This position is an opportunity to learn and grow within a dynamic team dedicated to creating specific targeted therapeutics for genetically defined oncology targets. We are seeking a Scientist with experience in biochemistry, cell biology and/or mass spectrometry based proteomics. This individual will serve as a technical lead and be responsible for carrying out experimental research aimed at understanding the role of proteins and post-translational modifications in oncology. An important focus is to study how proteins and protein interactomes are modulated by drug candidates. The researcher will have the opportunity to utilize and further develop state-of-the-art technologies for the discovery and characterization of receptor-ligand interactions. Research in the group is fast paced and highly collaborative, drawing on the expertise of experts in biochemistry, cell biology and oncology.
Role and Responsibilities for the Position
- The ideal candidate should have experience in protein biochemistry and proteomic techniques.
- Experience with proteomics sample preparation (i.e. proteolytic digestion, solid phase extraction, immunoprecipitation) and operation of an Orbitrap mass spectrometer are preferred, but not essential for success in this role.
- Computational skills are highly desirable.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills are essential for success in this collaborative role.
Required Qualifications and Background
- PhD preferred, or a BA/BS or MS in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or related field +
- Ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with protein characterization and cell culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact well with colleagues, vendors, contractors, scientific advisors, and staff at all levels.
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, documentation and multi-tasking skills
- Committed to staying current with the latest scientific breakthroughs in structure-based drug design and proteomics.
- Expertise in other methods of enzymology or biophysical characterization and structural biology is a plus
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the role and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loxo Oncology, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.